General Hike Overview:
Located in Laguna Niguel, CA, Badlands Hiking Trail is a scenic hiking trail that offers panoramic views of Dana Point and Laguna Beach. This short 1.5 mile hike is perfect for an afternoon stroll or a sunset hike. Badlands Hiking Trail is popular dog walkers and romantics because of it’s short, leisurely distance.
Badlands Hiking Trail offers pristine views of the Laguna Beach coastline. It is a very relaxed hike for an evening stroll or to have a picnic.
- From Pacific Coast Highway (PCH), take Crown Valley Pkwy East (turn left if you’re heading south on PCH, or turn right if you’re heading north on PCH) for 0.8 miles
- Turn left onto Pacific Island Dr. – 1.1 miles
- Take the 2nd left onto Ocean Way – 0.2 miles
- Take the 1st left onto Isle Vista – 0.2 miles
Where to Park:
- Free public parking is available on Isle Vista street. Park on the street before the private, gated community. Facing the ocean, the trail’s entrance will be on right side of the gate.
What to Bring:
- If you plan on doing this hike around sunset, you may consider bringing a blanket or light jacket depending on the time of year. The ocean breeze can be quite cool.
When to Go:
- Since Badlands Hiking trail is a short, 1.5 mile hike that’s easy to access, hikers can enjoy this hike anytime of the year. The trail closes at sunset and on rainy days.
How it Looks:
|Badlands Park @ Twilight (C) Sean Tiner|
- Yes, on leashes.
- Barry-the-Bear: “This hike was perfect. I enjoyed the scenic overlooks and well maintained trails. It took me a little over an hour to complete. I enjoyed holding hands with my girlfriend and walking along the pathway.”
- Larry-the-Lion: “Badlands trail is fun. It’s a short distance and perfect for walking my dog.”
Chris-the-Cheetah: “This hike is too easy. I blinked and it was over!”